Introduction – How to Join Indian Army after 12th as Commissioned officers?
Many young people who want to serve their nation and aid in its defense have the desire to join Indian Army after 12th. One of the largest and most prestigious armies in the world, the Indian Army provides a variety of fascinating career options for people who want to serve in a variety of roles. If you want to join the Indian Army after the 10th, you can apply for the Soldier Genral Duty (GD) role.
We are here to provide you with solutions to your questions –
- How to join Indian Army after 12th as Commissioned Officers through NDA Entry.
- How to join Indian Army after 12th as Commissioned Officers through TES Entry.
How to Join Indian Army after 12th through NDA Entry.
If your question is –
How to join Indian Army after 12th Arts?/ How to join Indian army after 12th Commerce?
Then NDA Exam is the answer. Even though students from science background can join through the NDA exam but this route is preferable for Arts and commerce students.
Indian Army after 12th Eligibility Criteria for NDA Exam
|Age Limit||Age 16 ½ to 19 ½ years as the course is scheduled to start on the first day of the month.|
|Qualification||12th Class of 10+2 System of Education of Equivalent for Army and with subjects of Physics and Maths for AF/Navy|
|Procedure of Application||Apply online between June and December on the UPSC website according to the deadlines specified in the notification.|
|Probable SSB date||Sep to Oct for the January course, and Jan to Apr for the July course|
|Date of Training Initiation||January and July|
|Training Academy||NDA , Khadakwasla, Pune|
|Training Period||3 Years at NDA and 1 Year at IMA|
Online Registration for NDA Exam
Step 1: Register for NDA 2023 – Verify the NDA eligibility requirements before beginning the NDA application process.
Step 2: NDA Exam Date – All new applicants must first register by providing a working mobile number, email address, and other required personal data.
Step 3: At this point, you can log in to your dashboard and complete the form.
Step 4: Be careful to fill out all the academic information, choose your NDA Exam Center, select your NDA 1 Exam Day, and download your NDA Admit Card.
Step 5: You will receive a confirmation email with your NDA registration number after submitting the NDA application form. To make subsequent reference, use this number.
Step 6: Print your NDA application and admit card, if they are available, and bring them to the NDA exam site.
Indian Army after 12th Selection Process(NDA)
The NDA selection process has two main stages:
- Written Exam –
Applicants who successfully complete the application process will be permitted to take the written test. On the official website, the NDA admission card for the written exam will be made available. The following are the main points of the written test:
- The written test is the initial phase of the hiring process.
- The NDA 2023 exam has two components, Mathematics and General Ability Test, totaling 900 marks.
- The exam lasts 180 minutes and consists only of multiple-choice questions.
- If the curriculum is not finished, it is advisable to use the NDA study tools to quickly grasp all the key ideas.
- The commission sets the minimal requirements for taking part in the selection process.
- Candidates who meet the requirements must participate in an interview that includes an Intelligence or Personality test as well as a Psychological Aptitude exam.
- SSB Interview –
Applicants will be invited to the SSB interview round if they achieve the written exam cutoff marks.
The 5 days SSB schedule to Join Indian Army after 12th is –
|Day 1||Picture Perception* test and Description Test|
|Day 2||Psychology Tests|
|Day 3||Group Testing Officer’s Task|
Check our articles on SSB to know more –
Candidates will initially get a stipend of Rs. 56,100 per month during the training duration (at pay matrix of level 10). Following training, the candidate will be commissioned as a Lieutenant and receive a salary ranging from Rs. 56,100 to Rs. 1, 77,500 as well as other benefits.
Rank Wise In Hand Salary
|Position||NDA Salary Per Month|
|Lieutenant||Rs.56,100/- to Rs.1,77, 500/-|
|Captain||Rs.61,300/- to Rs.1,93,900/-|
|Major||Rs.69,400/- to Rs.2,07,200/-|
|Lieutenant Colonel||Rs.1,21,200/- to Rs.2,12,400/-|
|Colonel||Rs.1,30,600/- to Rs.2,15,900/-|
|Brigadier||Rs.1,39,600/- to Rs.2,17,600/-|
|Major General||Rs.1,44,200/- to Rs.2,18,200/-|
|Lt. General HAG Scale||Rs.1,82,200/- to Rs.2,24,100/-|
|HAG+ Scale||Rs.2,05,400/- to Rs.2,24,400/-|
|VCOAS/ Army Cdr/ Lt Gen (NFSG)||Rs.2,25,000/-|
How to Join the Indian Army after 12th through TES Entry.
If your question is –
Technical entry in Indian army after 12th/How to join Indian army after 12th science?
Then TES is the way. The eligibility criteria is listed below –
|Age||Age 16 ½ to 19 ½ years as the course is scheduled to start on the first day of the month.|
|Qualification||10+2 Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (with an overall grade point average of at least 60% and JEE (Mains) appearance is required for B.E./B.Tech applications)|
|Marital Status||Un Married|
|How to Apply||Apply online at www.joinindianarmy.nic.in, the DG Rtg’s official website, as instructed in the notification.|
|Likely SSB Date||August to October and February to April|
|Date Commencement of Training||January and July|
|Training Academy||OTA Gaya|
|Duration of Training||5 Years (1 Year OTA GAYA & 4 Years CTWS), followed by 1 Year Permanent Commission.
Phase-I- Pre-commissioning Training at OTA Gaya for a year and three years at CME Pune, MCTE Mhow/ MCEME Secunderabad
Phase-II-01-year Post-Commission Training at CME Pune/MCTE Mhow/MCEME Secunderabad
Online Registration for TES
- The steps for applying for the 10+2 Technical Entrance Programme are as follows:
- Only online applications will be accepted for the TES Entrance. Go to joinindianarmy.nic.in, the official website, and select “online application.”
- Applicants must fill out the online application with their information. Before submitting the form, you must read the terms and conditions that are attached to it.
- The candidate will receive a confirmation in the form of a dialogue box after properly submitting the application.
- 30 minutes following the online application deadline, candidates can print off their applications with roll numbers.
- The system-generated roll number on the application must be printed twice by the candidates.
Indian Army after 12th Selection Process (TES)
- Shortlisting of Application Form – The Integrated Head Quarter of MoD (Army) retains the power to select applications for shortlisting based on the chosen cut-off percentage. The candidate will be informed electronically of the Center allotment following the shortlisting of candidates. Candidates must log on to the website after receiving their Selection Center allotment in order to choose their SSB dates on a first come, first serve basis.
- SSB Interview – The SSB Interview steps are same as for the NDA exam.
- Medical Examination –
- The candidate must be in good physical and mental health and free from any conditions that would make it difficult for them to perform their military obligations effectively.
- There shouldn’t be any signs of a fragile constitution, physical flaws, or weight gain. The candidate shouldn’t be obese or overweight.
- Merit List
Five years will be spent on training in total. Information is as follows:-
- 1 year of Basic Military Training (Officer Training Academy Gaya).
- Technical Training
Pre-commission training (Phase-I) is three years long and is completed at CME Pune or MCTE Mhow, or MCEME Secunderabad. Post-commission training (Phase-II) is one year long and is completed at CME Pune or MCTE Mhow, or MCEME Secunderabad.
|Lieutenant (Level 10)||Rs.56,100 – 1,77,500/-|
|Captain (Level 10 B)||Rs.61,300 – 1,93,900/-|
|Major (Level 11)||Rs.69,400 – 2,07,200/-|
|Lieutenant Colonel (Level 12 A)||Rs.1,21,200 – 2,12,400/-|
|Colonel (Level 13)||Rs.1,30,600 – 2,15,900/-|
|Brigadier (Level 13 A)||Rs.1,39,600 – 2,17,600/-|
|Major General (Level 14)||Rs.1,44,200 – 2,18,200/-|
To join Indian Army after 12th is clearly a daunting task but with proper knowledge and guidance one can surely pass the hurdles to join Indian Army. The two ways discussed in this article are the most common ones but are not exhaustive.
Look forward to our upcoming articles to know about more ways to join Indian Army after 12th!