About Indian Army Military Nursing Service
Within the Indian armed forces, there is a specialized nursing unit called the Indian Army Military Nursing Service. It was founded in 1949 to offer nursing and medical treatment to the nation’s military members, particularly those who were sent overseas. The Indian Army Military Nursing Service offers support services such logistics, communications, and medical intelligence in addition to providing medical and nursing care. There are nurses in the Indian Army Military Nursing Service from both urban and rural areas of the country. They have received training to deliver cutting-edge medical care in a range of settings, including hostile environments. They frequently serve with the Indian army in peacekeeping operations abroad. In order to broaden its diversity, the Indian army has also employed the Military Nursing Service to attract people from rural areas.
A few fundamental reminders are as follows:
- The Indian Army’s Military Nursing Service (MNS) is an all-female officer corps. The MNS views women officers as an integral part of the Armed Forces Medical Services (AFMS).
- The Military Nursing Services-MNS exam is administered annually by the Directorate General of Medical Services (DGMS) to choose female applicants for admission to the four-year B.Sc. (Nursing) curriculum at the Armed Forces Medical Services Colleges of Nursing.
- The prerequisites for taking the MNS exam in 2023 have changed, and candidates must now pass the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET) in order to be eligible.
Also Read – How to Join the Indian Army After 10th
Candidates preparing for the Military Nursing Service (MNS) Exam 2023 will now have to go through five rounds of testing, with NEET serving as a basic requirement.
- National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET)
- An 80-mark Test of General Intelligence and General English (ToGIGE)
- An objective-type Psychological Assessment Test (PAT)
- The Interview Round
- The Medical Examination
Now, let’s find out how to join military nursing service after 12th and other relevant details.
Military Nursing Service Recruitment Eligibility 2023
|Educational requirements||Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English were all passed on the first try in the 12th grade with a 50% overall score.
Candidates who have appeared but are awaiting results are also eligible.
|Age Limit||17 to 25 years|
People from hilly areas or People from the Northeast- 147 cm
MNS 2023 Exam Pattern
|Subjects to learn||English
Science- Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (PCB)
|Negative Marking||1/4th, 0.5 for every incorrect answer|
|Exam Process||NEET(UG) +CBT(MNS Exam)+ PAT(Psychological Assessment Test)+ Interview|
MNS 2023 Participating Colleges:
- College of Nursing, CH, Kolkata
- College of Nursing, CH, Bangalore
- College of Nursing, CH, Lucknow
- College of Nursing, (R&R), New Delhi
- AFMC Pune
- College of Nursing, INHS Asvini
NEET + MNS Syllabus 2023
All six affiliated colleges have altered their MNS exam eligibility requirements for the exam’s start in 2023. Candidates now need to pass the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET) rather than a single MNS written exam. In accordance with the course outline, candidates will now have to pass five rounds of examination, with NEET acting as a necessary condition for advancement. The NEET is an all-India pre-medical admission examination that is administered by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
Also Read – Indian Army Agniveer Preparation Tips
MNS + (ToGIGE) 2023
An 80-mark Test of General Intelligence and General English (ToGIGE) will be administered following NEET. Only NEET-qualified applicants will be permitted to take this test. The organization in charge of administering the MNS exam will choose its own cut-off standards.
MNS Exam Pattern (ToGIGE) 2023
After passing NEET, candidates will take the 80-mark Test of General Intelligence and General English (ToGIGE). This test will only be open to applicants who have passed the NEET exam. There will be objective questions from General Intelligence and General English totaling 80 marks in the questions.
An objective-type Psychological Assessment Test (PAT)
The MNS selection procedure includes the PAT, or psychological assessment test. The results of the qualifying exam won’t be used to determine the final merit list because it is only a qualifying exam. Assessments are thought to represent individual or group variations in the concept the test is intended to examine.
The Interview Round
The interview is the next phase of the MNS exam selection process once the computer-based test is over. the interview round, which was done by members of the board who were officers in the Indian Armed Forces. The interview process is very important in determining a candidate’s overall level of proficiency. As a result, students studying for the MNS exam should be conversant with the interview-round questions. During the MNS interview, candidates will be given a variety of questions, including those pertaining to their;
- Personal and family backgrounds,
- Academic backgrounds,
- Military nursing services, and
- The armed forces.
Also Read – Indian Army Ranks and its Insignia
The Medical Examination
In the order of merit, a sizable number of qualifying applicants will be contacted for interviews. The recommended candidates will show up for a medical exam before a Special Medical Board (SMB) following the interview.
- Only those applicants who pass the interview will be asked to undergo a medical exam.
- Candidates determined FIT/UNFIT will be informed by the President of the Medical Board including the procedure of requesting for APPEAL/REVIEW MEDICAL BOARD. The interview and medical examination process may take around 2-5 days.
- Only the required number of candidates who have passed each exam stage and have been deemed medically fit in all respects will receive call letters instructing them to report to the appropriate college of nursing of the Armed Forces Medical Services.
How to Apply for Military Nursing Service Exam:
Applying online for MNS 2023 requires the following procedures for female candidates who are qualified and interested:
- As soon as the notification is made available, visit the Indian Army’s official website.
- The candidates will have the option to register ONLINE by entering their name, mobile number, email address, and other information.
- Candidates can fill out the online application form after logging in and completing the registration process.
- Following the completion of their personal and educational information, candidates must upload the required documents.
- The female candidates must next pay the application money and must download the completed online application form.
- The candidates must get a printout of the completely filled online application form.
Above mentioned are the eligibility, procedures and steps if you are looking for an answer to your question “how to join military nursing service in India?”
Military Nursing Service 2023 Application Fee Payment
- Candidates must wait for at least 24 to 48 hours before they may activate the SBI (State Bank of India) payment connection.
- The candidates can copy-paste the payment URL on the screen to start the payment once 24 to 48 hours have passed.
- Following payment, the bank will send the candidates a “DU link” to enter.
Below are the details about the Military Nursing Service Application fee:
|General, SC, OBC, ST||Online||Female, Transgender, Male||INR 750|
If you are interested to know about more such openings in the Indian Armed Forces, stay updated on our page.